Wednesday, November 9, 2016

62. Quiet Places

"Quiet Places"
11x14

It is raining today, and it seemed like a good day to paint in the studio.  I am trying to get work ready for some Christmas shows.  So, the first thing that I did was make a list of the frames that I have.  The second thing that I did was paint a painting that is a size for which I do not have a single frame! Ha!  So much for my careful forethought.  

This painting (which I do have a frame for) is a re-working of a painting that began as a plein-aire painting, painted out in the field.  But it wasn't working and had been relegated to the paint-over pile (which grows rapidly on some days).  I pulled it out this afternoon to see if I could save it.   
The initial version (2 years old) is below.  


No comments:

Post a Comment